Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fenced In

This summer, my big project was building a fence. This pic was taken in May, it shows the terraced dirt in the corner of my backyard with no fence. Seeing as we wanted a dog, we needed a fence.
So here is an early stage pic after we put in the posts and rails. On the north side of the yard, one slat at a time.
Start to look good.
I made a retaining wall in the back corner and built the fence there as well. I realized that I needed to continue the fence that far because as soon as I completed the wall, our dog Pepper shot up the wall and chased after the world. Now she is fenced in. I have enjoyed working with bigger equipment this summer as well. I rented an augur for the holes, a Bobcat Loader for removing the dirt, and an Excavator to help my friend eliminate juniper bushes. I understand now why men love big equipment. Beats office work.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

The fence looks great!