Thursday, September 8, 2011

I Found the Camera

Well, okay, Keith told me where it was. But, that means I have lots of pictures to show you as well as lots of new ones we've taken since I last posted.  I should warn you that you'll see some untidyness.  What can I say?  People live in this place.
 These two are of the "master bedroom."  That just means its where Keith and I sleep.  No bathroom attached.

And here's Charlie's room, a shot at the other window.  Check out the cool cars on his wall.  A gift from Keith's past.  Thanks Mom-in-Law!

Here's the living room.  I have since put up valances, or "curtain toppers" as I've dubbed them, to soften up all that brightness.  Like the brightness, just needed some color.  And we now have white slip covers on those chairs and I have big plans, people, big plans to get pretty pillows on them, say next fall some time...

And finally a shot from the living through the kitchen into the dining room.  Follow the cabinet line on the right and you'll notice a lovely fade up from light to dark in color.  That's a real nice feature.  (Thank you for smiling, Brian Regan fans.)  You can't tell, but the piece with the microwave on it is Charlie's old changing table.  My idea.


And here's a peek into the dining room.  Its quite cozy with our NEW used table from Craigslist.  We heart it very much, but it adds some bulk so recently we've pushed it under that window on the left.  Makes it much easier for Charlie to run straight from the dining room into the living and throw himself on the slipcovered, pillowless chair.  Whew.  Glad we got that one figured out.


And then a lovely shot of the backyard.  This one was taken fairly early on in summer and those two ornamental cherry trees were just gorgeous.  Of course, Charlie calls them "mental cherries" but at least he knows he's not supposed to eat them.


Here's a look of what I see right outside my kitchen window.  The picture below is a little more clear.  Sometime in June this huge rose bush put forth the prettiest yellow flowers.  They didn't last long but they made washing dishes much more fun.  We are very fortunate to live next door to an avid gardener.  There isn't a day she isn't outside tending something.  And the results are lovely. 


I thought I had better pictures of the basement, but I don't!  And right now isn't the best time to snap a shot.  Boxes, toys, stripped beds.  I've been trying to purge this week as well a sort through what we have and don't have for baby girl.  Due in about 4 months.  Gulp.

Tune in next time for a story about the afternoon we spent as "Proudest Parents of a Two-Yearold."  And no, unfortunately, it does not have to do with potty training.

1 comment:

Jason said...

It looks great Nellie! I think the kids and I will have to come up to see the new place in person! Or maybe we'll all come up on a Saturday or Sunday to visit you guys...
-Liz