Thursday, March 22, 2012

Funny Kid

Charlie continues to delight us with his vast vocabulary and vivid imagination.  Just this morning we were playing "cars and trucks and stuff like that."  We had the following conversation:

C:  Let's go to the cliff where Feta fell off.
Me:  Feta fell off a cliff?
C:  Yeah, it was a water cliff.
Me:  A water cliff?
C:  Yeah, he fell into the water.
Me:  Is he alright?
C: (after some thought)  No.  A shock (shark) ate him.
Me:  Oh no.  So... he's dead?
C:  A shock ate him and went down the drain.  He went down the drain with the shock.  Let's go.  Let's go the cliff where Feta fell off.
Me:  Where is the cliff where Feta fell off?
C:  Downtown.

Sometimes I can hardly believe he's my son.  He isn't the least bit shy, often approaching kids in the park and saying, "Hey Kid!  You wanna play with me?"  I would NEVER have done that as a child.  Even as it is, I avoid talking to other parents at the park unless they initiate or our kids get into a jam together.  I'm just too shy and prefer to keep to myself.  But not my son.  Yesterday, I had to drop my sewing machine off for repairs.  As we walked into the shop, Charlie loudly told the lady "Mama's sewing machine got jammed up."  I put it on the counter.  "That's Mama's sewing machine right there."
The lady looked at it and said "That's not jammed up.  It's frozen."
Charlie said "Yeah, its cold out there."
Through out our time there he managed to impress her with many other pithy sayings, and just before we left he informed her that "We got marbles for my potty training."  Good note to end on.

1 comment:

Oma Doelman said...

Wow! What a smart grandson we have! I love his ability to start a good conversation and keep up with whoever talks with him. He's great!