Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Get your craft on.

It seems that lately I have been simply thirsting to do creative projects. I have a list called "Want to Do." Unfortunately, I seem to be stuck in some strange gear between desire and ability. Ability: covering the areas of time and in some cases money. Getting my craft on with my little guy hanging around is a big challenge, though I did manage to cut out some fabric for a big boy church suit today. Whew. I feel a small need has been met in my being. At any rate, I did manage to get this done a few weeks ago (I'd been working on it since February):

Please ignore, or rather excuse since I'm pointing them out, the untidy nightstands. It is rather difficult to keep up. I am very happy with how this quilt turned out. It looks just like I wanted it to. However, its too small! It barely covers the sides and when two people try to sleep under it, well tug of war has taken on a whole new meaning. So very soon I'm going to have to put a white border around it. I really don't want to, but I usually win the tug and I want my husband to get a good night's sleep.

And because I know most of you log on just so you can get a peek at the super-cute kiddo, here's a little video of him going down the stairs all by himself, and with a sippy cup in tow, no less. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Bobbinoggin said...

very pretty quilt! did you do the machine quilting yourself?

Nellie said...

Yes I did. It was quite a task, actually and I pulled out my seam ripper more times than I can count! I'm just glad cameras can't pick up all the little blemishes. Fun stuff, but I'd probably do it a little different next time...

Jason said...

OOOH! I SO LOVE IT!

-Liz