Thursday, January 13, 2011

Charlieness

Tonight at dinner we had a little battle. Charlie refused to eat his chicken and wanted to be excused from the table shortly after we sat down. Oh boy. Keith set aside one small bite of chicken and told him he had only to eat that and he could go play. After lots of tears and pleading we were in a stalemate. Charlie wasn't complaining but he also wasn't eating. We did our Bible reading and things were starting to look bleak. What, I thought, if he doesn't do it and we're still here at 7:30? I should mention that I was not having a good attitude. I was down right grumpy and silently excused myself from having to take very much responsibility. Out of nowhere, Charlie held his hand out to us and asked to "pway." So Keith prayed as we all held hands. During the prayer of course, I realized I needed to confess my uncheerfulness and apologized to Keith after the amen. Not one minute later, Charlie ate his lonely, cold piece of chicken. And do you know what he said once he swallowed? "I want more."
----
And here's some other bits of Charlie-ness for you to chew:

Lately Charlie has been putting his toy kitty down for a nap on the bathroom scale, complete with a little fussiness from the kitty. I guess it is universally understood that naps should not go unprotested.

Charlie also likes to ask questions which he helpfully answers himself. Questions like, "More cracker? SURE!"

Whenever we get to a destination, he always very cheerfully calls out, "OKAY!"

The other day I said, "Charlie, you're so cute." He responded, "Mama cute." Bestill my heart.

2 comments:

Elissa said...

Charlie sounds like he's entered the super cute stage. (But then again, what stage isn't?) I got a good laugh from your last few posts!

Bobbinoggin said...

hahaha. I love it. Thank you for sharing the priceless and most adorable stories!